Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 13: OK to AR

Pretty much caught up now. I left Oklahoma in the rain and drove North towards Kansas (passing briefly through Arkansas). My target was the Witches Grave in Galena, KS. I found the graveyard in question but couldn't tell which witch was which. So I just took a bunch of pics...



I journeyed on to M Highway in Van Buren, Missouri (after a tragically comic incident with a one armed man at a bathroom nearby). There was an old, abandoned house on the road (one that would give me pause if I were a kid) but you can't really see it in this photo...




At any rate, it was spooky, but the locals were getting a little nervous about my presence, so I left. I made it into Kentucky right around sundown and went to the graveyard I thought was the dumbest idea of the whole trip. I found the angel that supposedly drops a rock on your head at midnight and took a picture. Looky looky what came out...



Yep, another orb. The best yet. I am pretty stoked about this one. I drove out of the cemetery and, with help from mom, found my way to my hotel in Blytheville, Arkansas. The room had exposed brick in it and actually got hotter as the night went on. I watched Rob Zombie's Halloween and then proceeded to have nightmares involving Thom Yorke, Hudson and Isobel, a zombie and waves so high they blocked out the sun. I need to quit listening to so much HP Lovecraft while I am driving.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment