Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 15: LA to FL

Ok, finally got the rest of the pics loaded into my computer. I am starting a photobucket page where you can see all 200 or so pics from my trip. More details later...

I woke up well rested in New Orleans and drove back through Mississippi into Alabama. I pretty found the Church street cemetery easily and I was looking for the Boyington Oak. This is supposedly a tree that grew out of the grave of a man who was lynched (or something). The problem is, there are about five oaks growing out of graves. I took a bunch of pictures and left when a family of little brats came stomping through the graveyard screaming. Here is a pic...




I packed it in and realized I was way ahead of schedule. I drove at a very relaxed pace to Florida where I also located the Velda Mound with no trouble. I was eaten up with mosquitos but this old Indian Village site was pretty cool...If not teeny tiny...



I got to Katie and Chris's abode early and hung out with them for awhile. We all went out to eat at a place called Cabo Island where I had a good burger. Then, we returned to the apartment for a very fun session of Rock Band (my first time playing it ever). We stayed up late watching SNL and then I spent a restless night trying not to be excited about finishing up my trip.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment