Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 16: FL to SC, The End!

I woke up at my usual 8:30 in Florida without an alarm, got dressed and hit the road (wishing a fond farewell to my awesome hosts). The drive up to Athens took some pretty bizarre back roads (eventually I was on I-75?) and ended up with the GPS not really knowing what was up. Thanks to some directions from Katie, I found the art building and parked in a visitor's garage beside it. A quick walk later and I was in the Athens Cemetery. They had lots of it roped off to preserve it but you could tell the graves had seen better days...




I took some pictures of that and some art projects (totem polls depicting the events of Alice in Wonderland) then got ready for the final push home. I got to Greenville in mid-afternoon and changed up my final destination to the graveyard behind the gas station up the hill from my house. I waited patiently for the customers to wane a bit and then made a dash behind the building. Sure enough, there is a little graveyard back there with more graves than I imagined. Lots of people have been asking me how the whole experience was and I think I can sum it up with one gravestone. It was a...



I know, bad joke. So, on average I drove about 600 miles per day. On total, I drove 9,550 miles in my 16 day journey through all 48 contiguous states. Now, I only have to get to Alaska and I am golden.

Some awards: The friendliest state...Wyoming. The most disappointing state...Oregon (what I saw). State that angered me the most (toll division)...New York. State that angered me the most (useless people division)...Arkansas. Scariest place I visited...Montana's Prison Museum. Best orb photo taken in...Kentucky.

I have opened a photobucket account and started loading all the photos from the trip (I only posted a fraction of the total on this blog). I am trying to share the album to this blog soon. I will load more photos as time permits.

Also, I will keep reviewing horror movies on here for the time being. Thanks for reading! Any questions?

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment