Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 4: NY to IL

Woke up and got a move on in NY. The tolls, my God the tolls! I paid so much money to New York that I vowed not to buy breakfast or gas up until I was out. As soon as I hit Pennsylvania again (just outside of Erie) I stopped at a Wendy's where they got my order wrong (is grilled chicken so rare a beast?). I drove on into Ohio and found Ft. Meig in Perrysburg easily enough. Here is a shot from the outside...




Why the outside you ask? Good question. It seems the fort is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. After the complete failure of the day before I began to think someone was messing with me. Who opens on Wednesday to Friday only? At any rate, I left Ohio and entered Indiana. From there, I popped up into Niles, Michigan (just right on the state line) and found the cemetery I wanted. I walked about and looked for a haunted structure in the center but the cemetery wasn't really laid out with a center. There were some structures but, I think they were restrooms. Hoping to avoid the fabled farting ghost of Michigan, I took some general snaps and left...





When I got to my car, the GPS was refusing to find an "Old Rollercoaster Road" in South Bend, Indiana. I failed to account for the idea that this was probably a nickname and not the real name of a street. No amount of GPS could help this and South Bend is too large to wander around. I had to just call Indiana quits and drive on to Chicago. I got there in good time and ordered a Chicago style pizza...



It was so friggin' good. I then played Silent Hill 3 until I got good and scared and went to bed.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment