Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 6: MN to NE

I woke up feeling good about my last day in Minnesota (and maybe, finally, some ghost stuff going down). I drove quickly to Fargo, ND. There I found the cemetery I needed to find which was supposed to have a crypt in it where you can hear knocking coming from the inside. I saw no crypts of any kind. There was a mausoleum but no above ground burial of any sort. I took some photos and headed off...




After a bit of a haul down to Sioux Falls, SD, I (as if by instinct) found the Judge Amidon monument. There are no orbs in my photos (although it is rather dusty). I took some pics of the great view of the city. Like Greenville, they have a Falls Park, too. I think ours is nicer. Here is the monument...




I popped over to Sioux City, IA, and found the cemetery I needed at the end of another unpaved road (this becomes a theme in the west, apparently). I found it to be locked up and gated so, I took what photos I could and hit the trail...



Homer, NE, is very close to IA and I found myself on completely unpaved roads of black mud. I was very scared that my car would get stuck out in some Nebraska corn field and I would be screwed. However, if you drive really quickly, you avoid sinking. I made it to within a mile of Lottie's Grave (one of the places I was most excited about) but found a bridge in the middle of a cornfield with barricades on it. I had to turn back empty handed. The rest of the drive was uneventful except that I now have 18 pounds of black Nebraska mud coating the underside of my car. Of course, that was a walk in the park compared to Colorado but that is a story for the next entry.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment