Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 2: DE to MA

I am hoping that with a second night of internet access I can really rock and roll with these updates.

I got up and out in Delaware, stopping at a McDonalds across the street for breakfast. I drove directly to Eastern State Penitentiary inside Philly. I took a ton of pictures but here is one of the inside of Al Capone's cell from this time there..



Also, here is a shot of a cell where the roots of a tree grew down into the cell...


Steve Buscemi narrates the audio tour and it was very fascinating. I never really felt spooked at any time but the prison was well worth a visit.

Next, I drove to Old River Road in Edgewater, NJ. This was a boring old road...


Maybe at night, this place is a real horrorshow but I was not moved. I find it cool how built up the town was, though. It is right on the other side of a river from Manhattan so you could see NY just across the way. The streets were super crowded but, otherwise, it looked like a nice place to live.

I got caught in horrible traffic in New York City and finally made it to Connecticut. The cemetery I needed was open and I parked at a bank across the street to take pictures. Supposedly, a lady in white haunts this place but I am wondering if people just see this...


at night and get the wrong idea? While in CT, I saw a local Wendy's all decked out for Halloween...



It was pretty cool.

Next, I arrived in Providence just in time to see the caretaker driving away from where he secured the fence at HP Lovecraft's grave. I did not get to gain entrance but booked it on up to Boston. There, I had a wonderful time with some old friends and their 20 month old, who made me read to him quite a bit. I didn't much sleep but it was worth it to catch up with three very cool people.

Josh

1 comment: